CUSCO: TAMBO DEL INKA / SANCTUARY LODGE / PALACIO NAZARENAS
4 days / 3 nights
Day 01 LIMA / CUSCO / SACRED VALLEY
Upon your arrival to Cusco's airport, you will be met by our representative who will assist you with your luggage and drive you to the tour. Transfer from Cusco Airport to Sacred Valley , on route you will visit Awanacancha, Pisac Market, Ruins & Ollantaytambo.
Lunch will be served at Killa Wasi Restaurant.
After lunch, we will end the day with a visit to the Incan fortress and citadel of Ollantaytambo. This fortress was constructed in order to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasions of tribes from the jungle lowlands, and was later the scene of Incan resistance in 1537, when Manco Inca’s forces faced Hernando Pizarro’s troops. After the tour you will be driven back to your hotel.
Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 02 SACRED VALLEY / MACHU PICCHU
*** Hiram Bingham does not run on Sundays ***
Full day excursion to Machu Picchu via the Hiram Bingham Train (Shared Guide).
This morning transfer to the railway station for an amazing train journey to the famous Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. Along the way enjoy the changing landscape as you travel from Andean highlands to the beginnings of the jungle before finally arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes. From here board the bus that will take you on a 20 minute ride up to the citadel of Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas, which sits upon the summit bearing the same name.
This mountain-top city was abandoned by the Inca Empire, reclaimed by the jungle and lost to humanity until its rediscovery in 1911. The legendary 'Lost City' is without doubt one of the world's most impressive archaeological sites. Machu Picchu was probably the greatest urban creation of the Inca Empire, with its giant walls, terraces and ramps, which appear as though they have been cut naturally into the continuous rock escarpments. It was also one of the Inca's best kept secrets, since they did not leave written records and Spanish chronicles make no mention of the citadel. A guided tour of the Citadel includes the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and various burial grounds.
Dinner & Overnight at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel (Deluxe Mountain View & Terrace Room)
Day 03 MACHU PICCHU / CUSCO
Second Entrance to Machu Picchu . (WITHOUT GUIDE)
Morning at leisure (Entrance to Machu Picchu included)
Today visit the Citadel of Machu Picchu for a second time. Lunch set menu is included in the hotel this day.
In the afternoon, return to by Hiram Bingham train to Cusco city. Upon arrival at the train station you will be met by our representative and private driver for your transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 04 CUSCO / LIMA
AM: Half day city tour of Cusco and the surrounding ruins (Private).
Today you will go on a guided visit of the Imperial city of Cusco. Visit the main plaza, which has been the scene of great historical events in Cusco and the Cathedral which is constructed from great slabs of red granite in the renaissance style, contrasting with the baroque style silverwork which decorates the interior. Continue on to Santo Domingo church, built upon the foundations of the Inca temple Koricancha, which was dedicated to sun worship. Later head to the city’s nearby ruins; the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, a magnificent example of Incan military power; Qenqo, a ritualistic site with subterranean galleries that form an underground maze; Puca Pucara, the red fortress; and finally Tambomachay, also known as the Incan Baths. After the tour you will be driven back to your hotel.
PM: Transfer Hotel / Airport (Private)
Transfer from the hotel to the Cusco’s Airport to take your flight that will connect with your international flight.
|PRICE PER PERSON IN USD$
|Valle Sagrado: Tambo del Inka
Machu Picchu: Sactuary Lodge
Cusco: Palacio Nazarenas
- Private services with English speaking guide, except where otherwise specified.
- All entrance fees to the sites mentioned above.
- Meals: As indicated in the itinerary.
- 01 Roundtrip train ticket to Machu Picchu via Hiram Bingham coach per person
- 02 Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu per person
- 02 Bus ticket to and from the Machu Picchu ruins per person
- 03 nights accommodation
- All tips (except hotel staff & guides); additional tips are optional and voluntary. However, we provide the following guidelines:
- Guide/transferman:US$ 4.00 per guest per day.
- Driver: US$ 2.00 per guest per day.
- Restaurant Tips: 10% of the total check.
- Permanent assistance during the trip.
- International and domestic airfares (actual price subject to changes by the airline).
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary.
- Early check-in, late check-out, services and non-mentioned meals in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses.
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and personal spending.
- Tips to guides and hotel staff.
- Local VAT taxes (18% applicable only to Peruvian and foreign residents of Peru; in order to be exempted you will need to show your passport and the Andean Immigration card given at Customs at Lima Airport upon your arrival to Peru.). Foreigner should also have stayed not longer than 60 days in Peru, otherwise Peruvian taxation will apply at hotels.
- No reservations have been placed.
- Prices are based on minimum 2 persons.
- This is a preliminary costing; hotels may vary according to availability.
- All services stipulated above are subject to availability at the time of booking/ reservation.
- No airfare nor airport taxes included in above given rates.
- Airfare Lima / Cusco / Lima is US$ 460.00 additional net per person, subject to change.
- Airport taxes Lima / Cusco / Lima are are included in the above air fare.
- International departure tax from Lima should be included in your int’l air fare.
- Air fares are referential only. Actual rates are subject to availability at time of purchase and type of ticket (refunds and changes allowed/not allowed, penalties apply/not apply, etc). Tickets are non-refundable and non-endorsable in case of cancellation.
- All entrance fees are subject to change without previous notice.
- All tips are optional and voluntary.
- For payments with credit card, we are forced to charge 5% more out of the total price due to bank fees.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice in case supplier conditions change and/or if there are USD exchange rate variations in Peru.
51 1 7152864