You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of DotNetNuke Professional Edition. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to obtain a valid license.
Useful travel tips
For a pleasant visit
- Make excursions along well-known and marked tourist routes.
- Bring your lodging details with you: name, address and telephone number.
- Withdraw money from ATMs located in banks or authorized establishments. Avoid help from strangers and exchange currency only at banks and authorized exchange establishments.
- Drink plenty of fluids and coca leaf o muña tea. Eat lightly, avoid drink alcohol, smoke and do not engage in strenuous activities on your first day to prevent altitude sickness. If you have high blood pressure, ask your doctor.
During the rainy season (December to March)
- To travel to Machu Picchu, take the train from Cusco to Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Avoid extreme water sports because of strong river flows.
- Wear clothes appropriate for local weather.
When hiring or purchasing tourist services
- Ensure you are dealing with an authorized service provider. Check with IPERÚ Cusco and the DIRCETUR Cusco Tourist Information Office.
- Avoid services offered by informal vendors in air and bus terminals or on the street.
- Check more than one formal company before hiring a service. Visit their offices and request the details of their cancellation policies and service conditions in writing.
- Request proof of payment (sales receipt or tax invoice) for payments and purchases.
- Hire official taxis at air and bus terminals, or from official companies.
In case of non-compliant services
- Ask the company for the Complaints Book to file your claim or contact Indecopi and / or IPERÚ to receive guidance.
- Keep in mind that quality tourist services do not come cheap.
Should you need help, contact
IPERÚ Main Square
Portal Harinas 177 (Traveler Point BCP)
Mon to Sat 9:00 - 19:00 h, Sun 9:00 - 13:00 h
(084) 237-364 / (084) 226-753
Arrivals and Main hall
Mon to Sun 6:00-17:00 h
IPERÚ Andean Baroque Route. Shop and Information Center
Loreto Church (Loreto Street/Main Square)
Mon to Sat 9:00-13:00 h and 14:00-18:00 h / Sun 10:00 to 14:00 h
IPERÚ Machu Picchu
Pachacútec Ave. Block 1, Suite 4 (DDC Building)
Mon to Sun 9:00-18:00 h
Tourist Information Office
Airport – Arrivals Hall
117 Mantas Street