You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of DotNetNuke Professional Edition. Please contact email@example.com for information on how to obtain a valid license.
Useful travel tips
For a pleasant visit
- Make excursions along well-known and marked tourist routes.
- Bring your accommodation details with you, including name, address, telephone number and reservation code.
- Withdraw money from ATMs located in banks or authorized establishments, avoid help from strangers. Exchange currency only at banks and authorized exchange establishments.
- Ask if you will need to show any original ID documents to enter the attractions you plan to visit.
- Check the tourist attractions’ opening hours ahead of your visit.
- Drink bottled or boiled water.
- Avoid eating food from unauthorized street vendors.
- Take normal security precautions like in any other tourist destination. Watch your belongings and avoid lonely places.
When hiring or purchasing tourist services
- Ensure you are dealing with an authorized service provider. Check with IPERÚ.
- Check more than one formal company before hiring a service. Request the details of their cancellation policies and service conditions in writing.
- Request proof of payment (sales receipt or tax invoice) for payments and purchases.
- Hire official taxis. Negotiate the fare before entering a taxi as the taxis do not carry taximeters in Peru.
In case of non-compliant services
- Ask the company for the Complaints Book to file your claim or contact Indecopi and / or IPERÚ to receive guidance.
- Keep in mind that quality tourist services do not come cheap.
Should you need help, contact
IPERÚ San Isidro
(01) 421-1627 / 421-1227
610 Jorge Basadre Ave.
Mon to Fri 9:00 - 18:00 h
Larcomar Commercial Center
Gourmet Plaza Level 1 stand 211
Mon to Sun 11:00-21:00 h
Jorge Chavez International Airport
South mezzanine - of. 220, national departure hall and international arrivals lounge
L-D 24 h
Emergency Call: 105
Tourist Police: (01) 460-1060 / 980 122 335
Tourism Police North Lima
España Ave. Block 4 (Lima Regional Prefectorate)
Tourism Police South Lima Miraflores
230 General Vidal Street (Miraflores Police Station) – Complaints Office
Tourism Police South Lima Barranco
Prolongación San Martín Street Block 2 (Barranco Police Station, upstairs)
(01) 249-9416 / 247-5153